Sunday, June 27, 2010

Devil Scales!!

I'm not sure but I think I've hit a plateau. For a little over 2 1/2 weeks the scales have been playing games with me, teasing me with numbers between 301 and 299...dancing that line....so frustrating!! I have been working out, not pigging out (ok I had cake and ice cream Friday but it was just a tiny piece). I have huge black bruises on my legs from the damn circuit machines at the gym and from kicking myself in step aerobics....coordinated I am not. My legs are sore and the muscles in front of my arm pits are so sore I can barely lift my purse (I didn't even know I had muscles there).

IRONY.....A couple days ago I answered Drazil's question about plateaus...and was doing virtual cartwheels about my 299 victory. And now as the scales are avoiding the number 2 like the plague I have to come to terms that I might be in the middle of a plateau. Crap, now I said that the scale Gods will prove me wrong with a 302 tomorrow just to taunt me. UGGHHH!!! Like I said, no quitting!! I have an appt for a fill on Wednesday. And I'm going to try to get away from the house for a little bit today and go for a long walk. Hopefully things will get moving again soon.

I was up at 7 yesterday, active all day (except that little 4 hour nap in the afternoon) but was not my usual weekend couch potato self. It felt good!

Oh and I had my first real NSV yesterday. When I got in my husband's truck yesterday the seat belt went around me and clicked!! Seriously...since he got that truck 4 months ago the seatbelt would not go around me and I was a long way from getting it to click. I tried not to make a big deal out of it...I certainly did not want my husband to think I was too fat to get the dang seatbelt around me. But yesterday it did, and it clicked!! Yea for me!!

But I'm still pissed about the scales.

Today I think we are going to Lava Hot Springs. My husband got a donor ACL a few weeks ago and his incisions have healed enough to get them wet. His physical therapist says the mineral water would do him so good. That means I have to wear a swimming suit. Yes, I know Amy says we should be proud in our swimming suits. But, when each one of my thighs is 3 inches bigger than my husband's waist it makes it a little hard to feel fat & fabulous. And I have low blood pressure (who'da thunk a fat girl would have low blood pressure) so when I sit in hot water I get nauseous and dizzy, so I have to keep getting out or I just put my legs in the water. And that means I can't hide my fat under the water. Anywhoooo I love my husband so if soaking in 110 degree water makes him feel better then I will go with bells on.

I better get going so I can get a walk before heading out for the day.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You have a blog...and thanks for letting me know you are here LOL! You're doing great as I'm guessing the sweet spot hasn't arrived yet? Plateaus just suck. I often wonder though when we're fighting those 'milestones' whether our head is influencing that game...even unconscious sabotage? Anyway, it's happened to me and I have to remind myself that I deserve it and I'm worth it! I'm glad someone else is uncoordinated with the steps...hate those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found you thanks to Draz sharing your link :)

    I had a 5 lbs bounce once I got into the 200s as well. Maybe it's something about 2-- for the scale that is just too much?? I dunno.

    You are doing so well! Just remain focused--you will get back to the 200s before you know it!

    ReplyDelete