Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Catching up with bullets....

I haven't posted anything in quite a while so I thought I'd take a few minutes and get you caught up. I think the best way to do this is with bullets. Too bad we don't have a Christmas themed bullet list. Oh well, I guess you'll have to suffer with the boring old stuff.

  • I have a few new followers. How does that happen when I haven't even been blogging?? Thank you so much for following me!! And thank you to all my followers for not ditching me while I had the covers pulled over my head ignoring the world. I'm going to try to blog more. Please be patient with me, winters are hard on me and the winter blues are setting in hard this year.
  • Thanksgiving kicked my ass. I haven't been to the gym since the Monday before Thanksgiving. I've gained 3 pounds from my lowest. But, I've lost 1 pound from my highest since Thanksgiving. I haven't been tracking calories or protein and I haven't been getting enough water. I need to get motivated but for various reasons I could really give a shit less right now.
  • Last weekend was a B.A.D. weekend. My husband and I have been having some serious problems with his family, mostly because they believe I am the spawn of satan because I have tattoos, I love my gay family and friends, I'm fat, and I have 2 children from different fathers, among other various unforgivable sins. To make a long story short we have spent the past 2 years of Thanksgiving and Christmas with his family. When we left his sister's house on Christmas Eve last year I had BITCH written on my window....such a loving Christian sentiment don't you think? And of course nobody will take credit for it. For Valentine's Day his mom handed out personalized Valentines to all the kids except my son.  This year due to their attitude and making me and my kids feel like shit we have decided not to attend any holiday parties at their homes. And they are so pissed because it's all my fault they don't get to see their grandson...not Wade, just his son. Makes my husband feel real good! So last weekend we decided to have lunch with his parents...in a public place...to talk about things and try to bury the hatchet. BAD IDEA!! They brought the hatchet alright...but not to bury it. It's not a good sign when before you even get seated your father is threatening you with a law suit for grandparents visitation rights....which don't really even exist in Idaho. He obviously didn't think I'd know anything about that. It was awful! I was attacked and yelled at and at one point I swear his dad was going to hit me. My husband was trying to stick up for me as best he could. I don't get pushed around easily and yes, I yelled back. I stood my ground. I stuck up for my husband, my kids, and me. And when both his mom and dad yelled at me to shut up I told them they had no right to speak to me that way. I was called a liar. They said they wished Wade had never met me. His dad accused me of writing BITCH on my own window just to cause problems. I left the restaurant in tears. I bought a pack of cigarettes and a Diet Dr. Pepper. I smoked 1 cigarette and walked back to the hotel, which was about a mile, in the snow. I just wanted to be alone. That night at the Army Christmas Party I drank a lot of vodka. It was a BAD weekend!!
  • I have decided I need a new exercise goal. I accomplished my goal to walk a 5K and I felt really good about it. I'm hoping a new goal will get my ass to the gym and get me motivated. My new goal.......is to pass the Army Reserve PT test. The soldiers in the Army Reserve have to pass it two times a year. And I'm going to do it this spring. It's not crazy bad...but enough to be a real challenge. I will need to do 16 push ups (real ones from the toes, not sissy ones from the knees) in less than 2 minutes, 36 sit ups in less than 2 minutes (it might be a few more than that, I forget the exact number right now), and walk 2.5 miles in 39 minutes. This all has to be done one after the other. I have NEVER done a push up before so this will be interesting. The FRG (Family Readiness Group) president is going to do it with me and I think we're going to get some of the other wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends to do it with us. We're going to wear Army shirts and everything.
  • Christmas sucks! I am really not feeling it. My family has not done a Christmas party together since before my mom died but I decided to throw one together this year. My dad is even coming from Utah for it....that is HUGE considering he has NEVER accepted an invitation for dinner at my home in my entire life! I've got a lot of fun things planned but I haven't even put up Christmas decorations yet. I just can't get into it but I don't want to let my family down. The plain and simple fact is that I miss my mom. I miss her terribly. And Christmas just isn't the same without her and it never will be. Christmas was my mom's favorite holiday and every little decoration, every song, every twinkling light is a screaming reminder that she's not here and never will be again. I'm crying now just writing this. It's been almost 17 years since she passed away...and it never gets easier.

11 comments:

  1. My father in law once pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot me. He HATED me. I feel guilty for being giddy at his funeral. (OK not so much...) Good luck with the in law situation. My husband does not have much contact with his family anymore over their treatment of me. He says that he would rather hang out with mine.

    Great job on having your own Christmas! That will be fun and great that your dad is coming. The pics are great what a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had in-laws like that once.... I feel so much for you right now. But good for you!!! You held your ground, didn't back down. You should be proud. And yet.... hard to feel proud when you just feel dejected, and I am sure Hubby is having a hard time too.

    I know you miss your mom a ton and it is hard to to do Christmas without her. But the reality is... she will be there and you can do this FOR her. She would be heartbroken to see everyone so sad now, wouldn't she??

    I am so excited about your ARMY challenge!!!! I would love to join, but I suppose my husband might have an issue with the ARMY shirt, hahaha.

    And for Pete's Sake, next time you are in Utah drinking too much Vodka, you should call me! Of course, I do prefer frozen margaritas. Maybe we could find a lawn chair and a blanket and fantasize about blue skies and sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, just look at you! You skinny, beautiful think you. WOW! Bombshell comes to my mind every time I see a photo of you.

    OK, so as for the family drama....that brought tears to my eyes. NO ONE should be treated that way. I am so sorry. There are no excuses for people like that. I hope you never have to see them again.

    Yay for you doing Christmas at you house. I know it will be hard, but your mom will be there in spirit. Loving every second of seeing her family together again.

    I'm glad the tutorial worked for you! Thanks for the shout-out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a different person, always pretty but the latest pic is great! you should be proud. Sorry to hear about the family issues. I cant say Ive experienced anything like that--but I feel for you because they dont like that you have tattoos!? My husband is a tattoo artist and is covered with them, literally--and something happened at a recent family gathering that let us know my mother is embarrassed and wants to keep this fact from other family members. Caught us by surprise--but I guess there isnt much we can do! Army challenge sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, you look BEAUTIFUL!

    Second of all, I am packing right now and heading out to BEAT those SOB's! OMG! I can't even tell you how sorry that I am that you have to put up with that. I'm glad your husband is supporting you. You need to cut that poison from your life until they are willing to make ammends. It sounds like they have a whole lot more to lose than you do. By eliminating them from your life, you lose a toxic presence that leaves you feeling horrible and THEY lose their son and grandchildren. Kind of a no-brainer on your end.

    Please know too how sorry I am about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure were tugging on my heart strings with this post. I'm glad you are back!

    First of all, good for you for not backing down to these in-grates. I am so sorry you are having to deal with them and this horrid treatment. Tolerance is such a wonderful thing - and it's missed by so many. Hang onto it, chica, hang onto it!

    As for the Christmas party and Christmas in general, I completely get that and have no words that will make it better. But I'm gonna try anyway. I lost my mom 6 years ago and it's not any easier this year than it was the year she died. But I also find her spirit roaming around in my life more at this time of the year than at others. What she gave me in her own love for Christmas has translated into how I celebrate to this day. I love nothing more than getting out some of her favorite decorations, ornaments, for example, that I despised as a kid because I thought they were hideously ugly, and putting them front and center on the tree. I smile and feel such peace when I see them now as just the sight conjures up many wonderful memories.

    I hope you can find peace with this season and hope you enjoy hosting the party, as well. You are certainly carrying on your mom's legacy by doing this!

    You are looking amazing! And I hope you have fun with the PRT (what we called it in the Navy...not sure they still call it that). I'll be curious to hear what your times and counts are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg. I am soooo sorry. That is awful. Do I need to come up there and beat the living shit out of them. God. Like their shit don't stink. breathing, breathing.

    Look how hot and gorgeous you are. Love it.

    FAmilies can be very toxic. One of my nephews is getting married this weekend, and I will not be going because of his sister. I would probably be arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so good to hear from you! You have been missed. I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago. I'm sorry about the family crap, but they are idiots who don't deserve you. And I am intrigued by the Army Reserve fitness test and I want to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay - I'm not really late to the party. I tried to comment at work and it wouldn't let me! I missed you! I seriously was about to email/text you asking what was going on? I want to say A LOT about the husband's family but it's Cmas and well, I'm already going to hell. Jesus. How can anyone not love you? Tattoos? Well meet me in hell girl cuz I'm covered in them. We'll sit next to the devil together. Karma is a bitch and they'll get theirs. People like that dig their own graves...you just need to hand them the shovel very discreetly. Wow. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you deserved some therapeutic vodka! What's with people? Would a little consideration and common courtesy kill them? Amy I am so sorry you have to deal with that kind of emotional stress. But it's not how you feel, it's how you LOOK (kidding)... but if that were true... girl- you are looking FINE! Your husband is a lucky guy, and I think he knows that. When we had dinner, I could tell how genuine your relationship together is. I love you, and hope your Christmas is as wonderful as you are!

    ReplyDelete