The Army PT test is in May. Last week I tried to see how many sit-ups and push-ups I could do. Let me tell you....it's not pretty. It doesn't even have a 'nice personality'. It's just plain ugly. And embarrassing. My initial sit-ups was 2. Yup 2. And the push-ups? Nada, zip, zilch. I couldn't even get my ass off the floor when trying to do them from my toes. And when I tried to do them from my knees I couldn't get my ass out of the ozone layer. My husband was nice enough not to laugh. This is just not acceptable. And thinking about it the next day I realized I have no idea how to get from where I am to where I need to be. My name is Amey not Amy W. and I don't have my own personal Heather.
Until tonight.
I have hired a personal trainer. She told me she could get me to where I need to be to pass the test. She has worked with women bigger than me and got them to their goal. And she will
Tonight was my initial consultation. Next Monday is our first official session. She wanted me to do two sessions each week but at $40 a session I can only afford one. So she's going to give me homework for the other days of the week. I'm nervous and excited. I really want to pass the PT test and I know I can't do it on my own. I'll let you all know how it goes.
On the home front things are better. Counseling has helped in ways I didn't think possible. I would highly recommend it for anyone. I wouldn't say we're out of the woods yet, but we're spending more 'couple' time together and learning to communicate....me without yelling and him to actually talk and not bottle things up. It's helping. Thank you all for all your support and hugs and texts and prayers and thoughts. It means the world to me.
XOXO

I have heard that if you take the pills right before bed you won't burp as much. Also I am open wider at night and would have more of a chance of getting them down. There is no way on the grand green earth that I would try the liquid!
ReplyDeleteHECK NO on the liquid fish oil!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I really enjoyed working with a trainer long long ago! She kicked my ass but was great!
my hubby takes those fish oil pills.
ReplyDeleteyou can do it. I have faith.
And I'm glad to hear it about the home front news
Ive been told that keeping the fish oil in the fridge helps cut down on the burps!
ReplyDeleteKeep the fish oil in the freezer. By the time they thaw, they're far enough down in your digestive system that you won't taste the fish burps.
ReplyDeleteFish burps????
ReplyDeleteThe things that I learn in these blogs...
So glad you and your fella are working things out!
Fish burps? not for all the tea in China! *gag*
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that counseling is working for you guys. Hang in there. :D
I guess I missed a couple blog posts when I was up in the great white north preparing our new home... i will read back a little. I miss you roomie!
ReplyDeleteAmey, I'm so happy to know that everything is going in a better direction for you! So, how did you find this personal trainer? I'm sure you'll reach your goals, but you'll come out a winner no matter what just by going for it. You pretty much can't lose. I think you're amazing.
ReplyDelete