Friday, July 1, 2011

BYOC - yes I'm really doing BYOC

1.  Let's stick with the pictures/exercise and shoe topic and post a picture of (or describe) your work out shoes.

I have two pair of exercise shoes, Saucony's that I practically had to take a second mortgage to buy and cheap $15 Starters from Walmart. I love the Saucony's when I put them on - so comfy - but 20 minutes into a hard walk I feel like I'm walking on cockle burrs. I get huge blisters on the balls of my feet and they go up onto my toes and the blisters make my toes webbed. Not fun - but they are really cute! The Starters are men's shoes and they have a wider toe box. They feel like boats when I put them on but after 20 minutes of walking they are perfect. I guess my feet swell when I walk. So lately I wear the Saucony's for lifting weights (lately my ass...it's been 2 months). I wear the Starters for walking. They aren't purty but they work.

2.  Again with the summer/hot theme of the week....what does your current swimsuit look like?

I bought my first tankini this year and I have worn it once. It has black shorts bottoms and a black with white polka dot top. The top has a super bra in it and I love it. I can't wait to wear it when I go to Seattle to see Jen & Ms. M.

3.  Do you lay out, fake bake, sunless spray tan or use tanning lotion?

Ummm none of the above. I'm with Read on this one. People that lay out have to have something wrong with them. I cannot just lay there sweating feeling the sweat beads roll off my back fat and making my thighs sticky and itchy. I do NOT like to sweat. At least if I'm exercising I can justify it. But purposely laying in the sun is just crazy talk. I fake baked last year a few times when I was really feeling the effects of our 11 month winter. It was ok. I loved that in the middle of January I was actually able to feel warm without 10 layers of clothes. But I hated that I was laying practically naked (I never took my undies or bra off) on a glass surface that could shatter and break at any second under my weight. The entire 15 minutes I laid there I was freaking out wondering how many paramedics it would take to lift me out of the bed. And if I would be electrocuted when I crashed through the glass and shattered the bulbs with my fat ass.  And how much would I owe the gym for breaking their tanning bed? And what if someone before me farted on the bed or did something else really gross in there. Yea...didn't work out so much for me. 

4.  Describe your week in blogland and in real life.

Blogland - I have to confess I have not been as diligent a reader or commenter as I should be (see Real Life below). I have stalked kept up with a few but not as many as I would like. Clumsy, Ms. M, Danya and Draz mentioned my absence and that makes me feel good that someone remembers me. Honestly, Clumsy and Ms. M can't really help it because I irritate call/text them almost every day.

The BOOB's video made me cry. I. Can. Not. Wait. until September. I need my BOOB's!!

Real Life - I just wrote about 4 paragraphs here so I think I'm going to make it a separate post - so much to talk about. Yes, really. Yes, I will do it right now. No, I won't forget. Ok, ok...I'm going right now. 

2 comments:

  1. yay! you are back, I have missed you so much! Can't wait to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, never thought to fake bake for winter depression, and just the whole idea of being warm in February...thinking about that one. Only problem I see is that I went tanning once for 6 minutes, had blisters the next day and itching and pealing about a week later. Would it be as effective if I went in with sunscreen on?

    ReplyDelete