I've been thinking for awhile now about how I wish I could start my blog over and what I would do differently if I could. Then Drazil talked about doing just that. And one of our Boob's took the leap and started fresh. So I decided to stop thinking about it and actually do something about it.
I started toying with names for a new blog, code names for my family and me, and how I would want my new blog to look. And I started worrying about whether my followers would follow me to a new blog, and what about all the blogs I follow....it would take me forever to put all those on a new blog. The more I thought about it the more overwhelming it became.
I really like my current blog, and I like the name....it just fits me. I don't have anyone following my blog that I'm not comfortable with...I'm just trying to avoid any of my family or co-workers from stumbling across it and figuring out it's me. And I don't want to feel like I can't talk about something if it would hurt someone's feelings if they found my blog. So I started thinking....what if I made my current blog private? What would I have to do to make that happen and would it even be possible at this stage? What if I removed all the identifying information on my blog? Would that work? I hope so because that's what I did. All proper names and for me, my husband and my children have been changed. Photos have been deleted. References to where I live have also been deleted.
When I was at BOOB's and I walked into the room where Draz and Jenny were handing out the t-shirts and goodie bags someone called me Donut Butt. And I liked it. So that's me now. I hope my followers will stick with me. I promise I'm not changing who I am. The only thing changing are the names and places to protect the innocent...or not so innocent as the case may be.
XOXO

I *LOVE* it!!
ReplyDeleteDonut Butt...tee hee.
Yep, my new career... renaming bloggers.
ReplyDeleteI don't know when you changed all your info- but apparently I've been following you for a few weeks now. Funny thing is- I saw this donut this morning while on Draz's page under her followers and thought- huh...that's a cool profile pic. Then I forgot about it and went on with what I was doing. Now, I find this all out- hahaha! The good news for you is- I don't even know what your name or your picture looked like before anyway. The better news is- no one else in the future who follows you will know either. :) So you don't have to change! I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I got your comment earlier- thank you. :) I have already decided to start telling people i'm allergic to sugar. Maybe migraines is better...I think it is. Thank you for the tip! XO
Great idea...although your profile pic is seriously making my mouth water...mmmm
ReplyDeleteI love it, and I think it's a happy medium between doing nothing and starting completely over. :)
ReplyDeleteI was trying to figure out who Donut Butt was leaving me messages so had to come over and see you. It's still you! But different.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you noticed by I don't use my last name anywhere on my blog. And very few people I know call me Sandy. I have shared my blog with a few people (my daughter and a couple of her friends). I have put a couple of names on my blog but overall, no one could really find me unless they "happened" to stumble across my blog. Originally I figured I wouldn't post pictures but then changed my mind again.
But I am happy that you chose this way of expressing yourself. Sometimes the reveal can be daunting and if this works for you, go for it. We would have followed you-just had to let us know. And you are so not a Donut Butt!!!!
sounds like I found you just in time.
ReplyDeleteI am trying to add your blog to my blog list for the Holiday Challenge but I get the message that your blog doesn't update URLs. When you went semi-private, did you change this in your settings? No biggy, I just want to support all my fellow challenge competitors and was creating a list to easily keep track of everyone.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
I jsut went back and did it again and it said that it doesn't detect a feed for URL. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI will continue to call you Roomie... if that's ok with you. I can't think of you as a donut butt... LOL. I love you and a Donut by any other name still smells as sweet. *M*
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. If you go private, you have to invite me to keep reading.
ReplyDeleteDonut butt. that is awesome.
Love it! And if you do move your blog please let me know so I can follow u
ReplyDelete