I'm doing BYOC today. But first I want to say a few things....
THANK YOU
to everyone who left me the best comments and emailed me and texted me after my last post. I've been in such a haze that a couple of time I thought I had texted someone back but then the next day I realized I didn't. So if I didn't text you back it's not because I'm ignoring you. I'll get my act together, I promise. But seriously, I am so blessed to have so much support and so much friendship. I am touched beyond words. I love you all!!!
Things are getting better. He dropped a brick wall on me today but I'm going to do a different post for that....cause LIVE FROM THE FROZEN DESERT IT'S B Y O C!! I always wanted to do that.
1. Do you make a New Year’s resolution list every year? Do you meet those resolutions, forget about them or never meet them?
* I try not to make a list of resolutions. I try to pick one major thing that I want to change in my life over the next year and I really try to focus my attention on that and what it takes to be successful. A few years ago I wanted to quit smoking, and I did. Last year my focus was on Lap Band surgery and being focused on what I needed to do to be successful and I think I have done that, I still have a long way to go, but for the year I think I did very well. For 2011 my focus is going to be my home. I have plans for the inside and outside and I know how I want it to look at this time next year. My focus will be a project each week to get our home to where I want it to be by this time next year.
2. If you could delete all the songs from existence from a certain singer, who would it be?
* Bob Dylan...his whiney nasaley voice really grates on my nerves. And really...if I can't understand the words to a song then there is no point in listening to it.
3. If you could have sex with any Superhero – who would it be?
* This is a hard one. I've never been interested in cartoons or superheros so I'm not sure what my options are. Draz said Superman and I like her reasons so I'm going to steal her idea. And I like the idea of a 'super' man that could go all night long ;)
4. If it was free AND unlimited – would you choose to have a cook, chauffeur, or masseuse?
* You had me at cook. I HATE to cook and I'm not very good at it. I burn everything. And I hate it when the kids ask 'What's for dinner?' I make a dinner menu for a month at a time (OCD much??) and hang it on the fridge. I try to make sure we don't have to eat the same meat two nights in a row and we get a least one day of fish, chicken, pork and beef each week. It's a chore!! And God forbid the menu runs out before I get another one on the fridge. In October I didn't get a menu done and we ate out every night for two weeks because nobody knew what to have for dinner. We were like deer staring at headlights standing in the kitchen looking at each other thinking the same thing....we're going to starve because mom didn't make a menu and we are incapable of finding something to make on our own. And I hate it!! Yes, I would love to have a cook so that I wouldn't have to coordinate meals.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week – in real life and blogland.
• Blogland has been super supportive and a blessing. I love my BOOBs!!
Real life has not been so great. See my previous post. But tonight is going to be much better. The step-son is going home for the night and we don't have to pick him again until tomorrow at 6...for a whole day...then back to his mom again. This has to be the most screwed up visitation schedule on earth. We are going to my sister's house this afternoon and having a family sleep-over. We're going to wear our jammies all day, each Chinese, watch movies, let off fireworks at midnight and drink Pina Coladas. And in the morning my brother in law is making biscuits and gravy. I cannot wait!!
Work is good...I love the end of the year...reconciling accounts, making new files, running W2's...it's super busy and I love it like that.
Have a Happy New Year!!!

Love #1...and love end of the year too!
ReplyDeleteI hope that the new year gets better for you. Even with the deployment word.
ReplyDelete