The best part of all this weight training is that I am really gaining muscle and losing fat. I'm a numbers kinda girl. If I don't see the payoff in numbers then it doesn't mean squat to me. And anybody that knows me knows I love analyzing numbers. When I did my 1-yr weigh in last week at the doctor the scales showed a 4 pound loss since my fill at the end of March. That doesn't seem like much but I've been in the 260's since November freaking 12th so 4 pounds in one month feels great! And I love that their scales give me a print out that shows the 4 pounds is a combination of a gain of 2 pounds of muscle and a loss of 6 pounds of fat. And that is as good as the scales moving. I'll take it!!
On to the pictures....These were taken March 31st at the YMCA where I work out.
This is me and my trainer, Tom. He's a HOTTIE - you should see him in a tank top. Do you have any idea how hard it is to hold your stomach in for a full hour while lifting weights...and then do sit ups? And yes I know how young he is ;) Oh and speaking of sit ups...I farted last week while doing said sit ups. And he was holding my feet. You know what they say about silent but deadly? Deadly yes, silent no, mortified definitely! He's such a trooper he just kept holding my feet and didn't even start choking even though I think his eyes started watering a little. Note to self: do not eat chile verde & beans for lunch on training days. You would think I would've thought of that huh?
Warm up on the elliptical
Bench Press - and yes I have weights on that sucker, it's only 55 with the bar but it's progress.
This is the Lateral Pull Down (or something like that) - grunting and making faces burns more calories.
Swiss Ball Squats - you can't tell but there is a big blue ball behind me that I use to 'roll' down the wall to do squats. One of these days I'll do big girl squats.
The site of the crime.
Rowing - this machine is my bitch!
I'm not sure what this is called but I sit on the ball and lift weights over my head and try not to smack Tom with the weights or smack myself on the head with them. Again, grunting and making faces burns more calories.
Last but not least, my favorite (NOT). I try to hold this position as long as possible so that one day I can do a real push-up. In this picture my butt is up too high. Thanks to the hubby for taking not so great pictures of my ass sticking up in the air.
This is my can-we-go-home-now-look.

I'm so proud of all your work-out efforts!
ReplyDeleteGo you. And I think you are lovely.
ReplyDeleteyou are so effing awesome!
ReplyDeletethat a girl! Weight training makes a total difference in our bodies! I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love these pictures. You are turning into one hot mama!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great and I have to agree, "planking" is the worst. Just having to hold that pushup position...Gag!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you look fan-freaking-tastic! Look at your cute lil waist!
ReplyDeleteThanx Roomie! Even though you generalized about Philly Girls shanking folks in their sleep, We actually prefer to do it while you are awake... It's just more dramatic if you see it coming! I can't wait for our all-night gabfests in Chi-Town! *M*
ReplyDeleteI have to tell you how cute you are and that I love, love, love you! Poor Tom, I have smelt your farts and I feel so bad for him. You make me laugh!
ReplyDeleteAmazing workout pics! I like!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I wasn't following your blog before...I am now though!
A- Thanks for your support, I appreciated the comment.
ReplyDeleteThis guy is verified legal age??? I'd ask to see his license...
BTW, cool t-shirt!
L