First I just need to say thank you for all the comments I got on my last post. I am so blessed to be part of such a supportive, caring community of women. The comments and the texts I received were just what I needed. Thank you!!!
Friday - my official weigh-in day - has not been a good day for me lately. Until this weigh-in day. I lost 3 pounds last week and saw the 5 on the scale. 259.2 - on a Friday!! I've seen that number occasionally on a Monday, sometimes even a Tuesday, but never Friday. And for the month of May I lost 5 pounds. That might not seem like a lot but to me it's huge!! I haven't lost that much in a single month since December. It has taken 203days for me to lose 10 effing pounds. 29 weeks. Geesh!!
And now for my Angry Boobs. I'm posting a random pic of me first so that blogger doesn't advertise my boob pic on everyone's dashboard. So...the first pic is me on my 1 year bandiversary. That blog is coming I promise! But right now I have a big problem. I big, red, angry problem. Boob rash. It's only affecting one boob right now, which just happens to be the big sister of the two. Since I had surgery I have gone from a 42DD to a 38DDD and some DDD's are still too small. A 40DD will contain the beasts better than some 38DDD's but the band slides up my back. So while my back and my chest are shrinking the girls aren't. This rash started about a month ago and would come and go depending on how much I would sweat or move around. This week it has not gone away at all and after my walk today I felt like I had cockle burrs in my bra. Has anyone had this before? What can I do for it? Is there a salve or a powder that will help? At this point I'm open to any suggestions.
And now for my Angry Boob...



Oh my hell. That boob is one freaking angry boob. I don't know what to tell you. Unless you try some neosporin cream.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo on the pounds that came off. You are working hard.
Owwiiieeee! OMG - ow! So ow ow ow. I can't even say anything else. Oh - except I love you!
ReplyDeleteOuch. Angry boob is right. I have that problem from time to time. The best solution I have found is to wear my sports bra pretty much 24/7 and use something like GoldBond powder underneath my breasts. I find the creams just make it worse- something absorbent that will keep the area somewhat dry works for me.
ReplyDeleteThe sports bra is way more restrictive than my regular bras and keeps the rack much higher. Downside is I look like I have a uniboob.
If you are thinking about breast reduction surgery, make sure your doctor sees and documents these rashes. They will help your case when/if it is time to present to the insurance company.
Good job on that 5lbs for the month of May. 5 lbs is amazing hun, you are losing and taking charge of your life so live in that moment!
ReplyDeleteOUCH on the angry boob, I don't know what to tell you but I am feeling your pain!
I agree with the powder suggestion - but... if you use powder too long it will clog the pores down there and cause it's own problems - but it might be a solution for a few days to help solve the immediate problem - good luck!!
ReplyDeleteYikes. I have had that problem before (Florida...humidity...good times). What you want to do is after washing with gentle soap and water, get it really dry. Use a hair dryer (on the cool setting!) or stand in front of a fan for a few minutes. Then put some cortisone cream on it. Do this twice a day and change your bra often making sure that you don't allow your bra to stay sweaty and damp on your skin. Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteHello, just started following you via the Boobs blog!!!
ReplyDeleteMan oh man, that does not look fun. I hope you are able to find some relief very soon.
I'm thinking you powder is the best option. I also use a body antipersprent (sp)that eliminates chaffing.
ReplyDeleteI hope your boobby feels better soon.
I have had the same type of rash before. I used A&D ointment and it cleared up in about 4 hours.
ReplyDeleteThis is a gross question - but - is the rash sweating at all? If so, it's SUPER uncomfy (as if it wasn't already). I've had it on my tummy. I happened to be at the derm once when I had it, and she prescribed anti-fungal cream. But I agree with Read - if you are planning on a BR, get yourself to the derm and have them document it! This will go a long way in helping you get approved!
ReplyDeleteI have had that problem, matter of a fact is was one more driving force for me to get the band.
ReplyDeleteWhat worked for me...
use lamisil cream or powder. It is most likely a fungal infection and cortisone or neosporin will not "cure" it.
I agree with Stephanie, clean area and dry very well then apply lamisil powder. I then put on soft sport type bra.
Hope this helps.
PS I am a nurse :0. But did get this treatment from going to dermatologist.
Bonnie M
That looks so painful! I have a friend who had a painful red area on her breast and swelling, she was treated for an insect bite first and then for an infection, but it was actually inflammatory breast cancer. I don't think hers looked like that, but I just feel like it's something you should be aware of. I'm not trying to be an alarmist, I just think you should know. I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteOMG... Your Boobs are huge. Losing weight and gaining Boob... That's a new one. I get rashes in all different places where there's loose skin and it's very sore. I am going to the doctor's soon to start documenting for Plastics... Horrible!
ReplyDeleteYou should go to the doctor so you can get it treated and also you can have it documented just in cause you want to have plastic surgery done. This may help with insurance coverage. Anyway, sometimes I get rashes, but not as bad as that one. I haven't gotten one in a long time, but when I do I use clotrimazole cream aka Lotrimin.
ReplyDeleteOh sister, I'm so sorry your twin isn't so happy with you. I would recommend the anti fungal cream first. If it is a fungus, powder will just piss it off. Try some monastat 7 and keep it dry and clean. Let me know if I can help you with anything....I love you more than the moon and stars! Sorry dear, that is one nasty owie I don't see myself kissing better lol
ReplyDeleteForgot to tell you, you are such a hot mamma, look at that picture of you.....you are beautiful! (NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BOOBIE PIC ha ha)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Grandma Bonnie and Clumsy as far as using the Anti Fungal Cream. But I found that once I had my flair ups under control, as soon as I realize that I am having a new flair up, I use plain ole Baby Powder. Sometimes by itself, sometimes along with the Anti Fungal Cream. But the Baby Powder seems to work wonders for me now!! Hope this helps...
ReplyDeleteI think one person said it, and I'll reiterate; USE A&D ointment! It's not just for baby butts! My husband gets terrible chaffing rashes and he uses that ointment and it clears them right up!
ReplyDeleteNot sure why, but it always works better than powder.
And congratulations on the weight loss! Just remember that it isn't about how long it takes. This is a life change, not a quick temporary fix. As long as you continue to eat healthy and stay active!
I had the exact same issue last week. It started out exactly like that...only under BOTH boobs and in the creases at my thighs. I tried everything under the sun: Cornstarch, cortisone (it itched like crazy), Gold Bond powder, Desitin...and then Saturday night a rash started spreading...on my stomach, chest, back, thighs and behind my knees!! I went to the doctor this morning - it is a fungus (basically a yeast infection on my skin). He prescribed me a steriod and a pill that is used to treat the "other yeast infection." After one dose I can already tell the difference.
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best of luck. I feel your pain!!
I was going to suggest exactly what Jessica said, it does look like a yeast infection. Stupid sweat glands!
ReplyDeleteI found you via the B.O.O.B.S. blog. I'm your newest follower. :)
I would definately see your Dr about that - and get a prescription. Ohhh it looks sooo painful...
ReplyDeleteI also found you via B.O.O.B.S. Uhmmm their blog, not your... well, you know..
((hugggss)) I hope you feel better soon...
Catching up on some of your most recent posts. You poor thing!! I'm so sorry you are going through this.
ReplyDeletePS. Is angry boobs kinda like angry birds? Just thinkin....