Tuesday, August 31, 2010

NSV or creepy encounter???

I am almost all caught up on blogs. I finally got to my special day on the BOOB's blog. It's like having my name in lights. Pretty freaking cool. And thank you for all the awesome comments. You guys make my day!!

I really need to be getting to bed but I just wanted to leave you all with something funny that happened today. I'm not sure if you'd call it an NSV or a just a creepy encounter....I'm still on the fence.

So I went over to the grocery store today to get something for lunch. I was standing at the deli counter waiting in line when a very elderly gentlemen, way older than my dad, had to be in his 70's, forgot his dentures, and smelled like Pepto Bismal, starts talking to me out of the blue. At first I didn't realize it was me he was talking to. He said something about how the prices of things keep going up. I was polite and agreed. Small talk in the deli line....me thinking I'd be nice because he probably doesn't get out much. Then the conversation talks an awkward turn....

Pepto Man: Do you live around here?

Me: No, I live south of here.

Pepto Man: names a few towns around here

Me: says town I live in (is this line EVER going to move? and why the hell did I just tell a weird old man that?)

Pepto Man: Do you like to dance?


Me: No, not really. (holy shit, this just took a really awkward turn...and is he trying to hit on me? Seriously??) 

Pepto Man: Would you like to go for a walk sometime?

Me: I don't think my husband would like that very much.

And then it was his turn at the counter and while he was talking to the deli clerk I ducked out of line.

So...I ask you...what the hell was that??? Seriously he could have been my grandpa!! Ewww!!! Double ewww!! I need to take a shower!!

Of course I was wearing Carmen's pants today so I'm going to blame it on her. It's all Carmen's fault!

10 comments:

  1. I think that that kind of is a creepy NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. ick. he probably was next going to ask you if you wanted to do the sha-boing-boing. good thing you snuck out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double Yuck!! Now that old man should have known he was to old for that mess. He probably used to mess with young girls when he was a bit younger. Creepy.....ewwwww!!

    Maybe he thought you were his Anna Nicole to his J. Howard Marshall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm I don't think my last thing was posted! BUT

    Ewwwww! And nice to meet you!
    You have done so well so far! Congrats! Looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy, but I'd log it as an NSV, getting hit on is good for the ego not matter the form!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean getting hit on by slimey old dudes isn't in the "what to expect" portion of the Lap BAnd handbook?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting hit on is a compliment no matter who it comes from in my book. Old guys still like to get their freak on, you know? Viagra, baby!!! Plus, a lot of women are lookign for a sugar daddy, so I'm sure he figured why not? :) Take it as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! well...old guys always love me! :-)

    ReplyDelete