Until today I have been consistently walking 2.5 miles on the treadmill, 2-3 times a week, and being exhausted when I was done. But this week I decided I was going to push myself to 3 full miles. Today, on the treadmill at the gym, I walked and walked and walked some more. I just kept going. And I finally made it 3.1 miles, a full 5K....and I did it in 52 minutes. Ok, so the time isn't that great, but the fact that I lasted that long is a miracle in itself.
Then, when I passed the 3.1 mile mark....I kept going. Oh yes I did!! I walked for a full hour for a total of 3.56 miles.
I did a 5 minute warm up at 3.5 mph, then did 1 minute at 4 mph, then alternated between 4 minutes at 3.5 mph and 1 minute at 4 mph. The last 5 minutes I walked 2.5 minutes at 3.5 mph then 2.5 minutes at 3 mph. When I was doing 4 mph my heart rate was 128-129. I will be 40 in October, I weigh 287 pounds. So I think I did pretty good :)
I'm going to try to go back tomorrow and do the same thing. We'll see how sore I am in the morning.
Have a Terrific Tuesday everybody!!!

hi!
ReplyDeleteNice blog you got there!
I'm a follower now :)
Maybe you can check out my blog as well some time and become a follower?
http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com
great job!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Amey! That is great!
ReplyDeleteGreat joB!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Amey!! I got to work my way up to where you are. Thanks for the motivation!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, my friend! You are doing great! I can't walk on a treadmill, because it's too hard on my knees and hips, so I ride the bike at the gym. I'm only up to 15 minutes at a time, but I'm working on it. You are an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!!!! YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! Its great when you push yourself and find out you can do it!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!! That is fabulous! To answer your question, we were in Idaho Falls! I grew up in Shelley and my hubby grew up in Firth, but his parents now live in IF. Small world!
ReplyDeleteFantastic... Wow! You are really incredible! You will take that 5K by storm. Sounds like I am going to be the lazy ass roommate... I can live with that. *M*
ReplyDelete