I haven't posted for a few days so I thought I'd do a quick (is that even possible for me?) recap of the week. I'm going to use bullets so hopefully that will keep me from blabbering.
- That fill of .5cc I had last week? It's gone. I had an unfill yesterday. I only wanted about 1/2 of it taken out but the nurse took the whole damn thing. I'm not happy about it. I wasn't having night reflux or throwing up but I was getting stuck after 3 bites of anything, was having a hard time getting all my water to go down, and I noticed the past few days I was looking for slider foods to avoid the stuck. I feel much better now, but worried that I won't have good restriction when the swelling goes down. big sigh.
- My scales landed right back where they were last Friday, 287.2, so no loss this week. Not a big mystery why...I only exercised one day this week, the day I did 3.5 miles at the gym. And every meal except breakfast for the past week was an eat-out meal. I hate cooking when it's hot outside (ok, anytime really).…hate the smells, hate the left-overs tempting me, hate the grocery shopping and hate the mess & clean-up. Yes, I realize if I am going to really be successful at losing this weight then I need to at least get used to cooking at home.
- A few days ago the home page of Ro@m@n's was sporting GOLD METALLIC leggings. Seriously…do these look flattering on anybody?!? It's one of those things where you shake your head, blink a few times and try to make the image go away. And all you can do is ask WHY? The only place I have seen anyone wearing anything like that is in People of Walmart emails. I just don't get it!!
- I bought the dress for dress-up night in Chicago. I can't wait to wear it!!
- I'm not sure if this is an NSV or a fluke, but I haven't had any allergies this year. None. Not even a sneeze. For as long as I can remember by mid July I would have itchy eyes, sneezing, throat itched and would get a 3-mth sinus infection. I was miserable until we had a good hard freeze generally toward the middle or end of October. It was just SOP that I would be getting at least 2 kenelog shots, along with the osteoporosis scare that goes along with them. This year…I haven't even had to take a Claritin. I drive by the grain and potato fields every day so I know all the allergy crap is out there. But now, I roll down my windows when I drive by. The only thing that has changed is the 40 pounds I've lost. I'm not counting it out yet, but I'm gong to enjoy it while the allergies are gone.
- I'm leaving work today at noon. We're going to Jellystone (that's Yellowstone for you yung-uns that don't know Yogi bear). It's our first camping trip in our new camp trailer…it's not new, but new to us….we've never had a trailer before so I am so stoked!! And it's the first camping trip for our dog. She's 8 yrs old but she still thinks she's a puppy and she is going to love the lake!
- Inquiring minds want to know....will Drazil's real name be revealed in Chicago? Is she in the witness protection program? CIA? Does she even know her real name? Does Rambo call her Drazil? I've often wondered about this. In my head I see her as a Nikki. Should we all take a guess as to what her real name is and the winner will get a prize? Of course that means she would have to be willing to reveal her real name, and maybe it's more fun just knowing her as Drazil. Yup, I really need to get a life! LOL
- This one is for the BOOB's planners. Would it be possible to find out what sizes those that are participating in the swap need and/or want? I have a lot of clothes, but mostly in 28/26 sizes and I think most of us are in smaller sizes than that. It would be helpful if I knew that someone could use those clothes, otherwise I would like to send them to someone not going to Chicagoor give them to our local shelter.
That's it….ok, I really suck at short and sweet, I admit, I'm guilty! Have a fantabulous weekend everybody!!
Amey- make sure you touch base with Drazil about the above when she gets back from her vacay!!!
ReplyDeleteWe, the BOOBS planners, are still trying to work out all the details about what is going to happen when and how and we'll post as soon as we can. Of course, if you and Roo (who started the idea) would be willing to take the lead on this, I don't think anyone would object. :)
haha re Drazil - I have the hardest time calling her that, but I'll never tell her real name!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the clothing swap - that is a valid point. We are trying to figure out how to go about it and have it be as simple as possible. Like Kagead says, if you & Roo would like to organize something- we'd be thrilled.
Maybe the idea would be: Have everyone e-mail one of us their sizes as we get closer to the end of Sept. and then we can do one post with what sizes everyone is interested in.
I do not miss the allergies from all those grain fields! When you said you had eaten out this last week I started salivating over Mr. Pizza's cheesey breadsticks. I use to go there almost everyday during high school! How long have you lived in Shelley? Wouldn't it be weird if we knew a lot of the same people? Okay, back to your post, keep chugging along! It's hard to get to the gym!
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email... I knew that no one would fit in my old clothes but someday... there will be a bunch of new bandsters and I will be the rock star giving away the 18's and 16's... Hopefully, *Maria*
ReplyDeleteAwesome post and keep your chin up! :)
ReplyDeleteI bet that Drazil's real name is something totally chic and awesome, just like she is! Hmmm... I'm betting that it's... Lizzie!
I confess, I know Drazil's real name and it isn't Nikki. But I won't tell. I imagine we will be calling everyone by their blog names. So we will be yelling "Does this donut make..." and see who answers. Can't believe leggings are coming back. But I also saw leg warmers in the Sears Christmas catologue. Next Jane Fonda will be doing another video!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a Nikki...but that is a sassy name Miss Amey. Jenny sent me a link to this blog saying I wouldn't want to miss it. I love you Amey for wondering about me. I miss you all terribly. Many bloggers have me on their Facebook so they know the real me and none of them ever say my name is what they thought it would be. Too funny! I love you!
ReplyDeleteSeriously...Gold Lame' leggings don't work for anyone unless you are a Solid Gold Dancer from 1979. And when I found out Draz's real name, I had a hard time figuring out what to call her. :)
ReplyDelete